Past Articles by This Author:
Books-A-Million Launches Summer Reading Program with Carl HiaasenKathryn Mattingly's BENJAMIN Pre-Released in NorCal and OregonBob Brown Releases THE RIDE OF MY LIFEI JUST DON'T GET MY PARENTS' RULES Helps Children Understand Why Rules ExistNew York Times Bestselling Author and Meditation Expert, Ilchi Lee Releases Book'Where are the Christians: the Unrealized Potential of a Divided Religion' is ReleasedHer Interactive Releases 'Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall'Customizabooks LLC Launches Kickstarter Project For Kids And WritersJean LaMantia Registered Dietitian, Cancer Survivor and Author Announces PartnershipBookLikes Announces Launch
Today, Ten Speed Press announced the release of What Color Is Your Parachute? Job-Hunter's Workbook Tablet Edition, a digital version of the core self-inventory exercise that has made What Color Is Your Parachute? by Richard N. Bolles, a household name. This job-search preparation guide (based on the Flower Diagram in his best-selling book) provides job seekers with a powerful self-assessment tool to identify viable job skills and develop highly individualized self-marketing strategies.
Created in collaboration with Smashing Ideas, a Seattle-based digital strategy and product company, and available in iTunes and the NOOK Store, Parachute's key tool that gets to the heart of job-hunters' career goals-what Bolles refers to as "that one piece of paper"-is now fully interactive, delivering a one-of-a-kind roadmap for exploring and applying individual interests and attributes to the job search. The immersive digital version does all of the legwork in determining a job seeker's most marketable and transferable skills. Enhanced features include:
- Targeted questions uniquely designed to uncover one's goals, interests, traits, and aspirations
- Answers that can be digitally recorded and adapted to serve each individual job search
- A snapshot that translates personal interests into marketable job skills, instantly accessible for a variety of job interviews and resume revisions
- An attractive diagram to track progress and display progressive results
- Comprehensive, fully integrated tips and hints that help prioritize tools
- 'Post-it' style reminders
- An exercise (based on the Mulholland Code) to determine preferred working conditions
- Easy-to-view results lists
- Fill-in options to record personal stories and gain unique insight for the job search
- A skills grid to help job-seekers target expertise and unlock potential
- Convenient layout options
- A salary calculator
For more than forty years and with over ten million copies sold, What Color Is Your Parachute? has been recognized as the world's best resource for up-to-date information on the fast-paced, ever-changing job market. This digital companion workbook brings new efficiency to Bolles's long-established expertise, providing job-seekers and career-changers with an unparalleled tool to assess their strengths and win jobs.
More Articles by This Author...