In the sci-fi movie classic The Matrix, the hero, Neo, was given a choice: take the red pill and see the world as it truly is, or take the blue pill and wake up in his bed believing whatever he wants to believe. Of course, Neo takes the red pill, and the adventure begins. Now, what if there was a real Matrix and a real red pill?
The newest book from trading coach Van K. Tharp, Trading Beyond the Matrix: The Red Pill for Traders and Investors (Wiley; $40.00; March 2013, 978-1-118-52566-1), is the reader's red pill and will lead them on a journey to dramatically improve their trading results and financial life by shining a light on the engrained ideas, beliefs, and perceptions that influence every one of their trading decisions that may keep them from the success they deserve.
In Trading Beyond the Matrix, Tharp takes the reader by the hand through the steps of self-transformation, from incorporating "Tharp Think"-ideas drawn from his modeling work with great traders-making changes in themselves so that they can adopt the beliefs and attitudes necessary to win when they stop making mistakes and avoid methods that don't work. The book also offers:
- Three different levels of transformation to improve as a trader and to become a happier person.
- Real success stories of people who have changed their trading significantly as a result of adopting these concepts.
- Learning how to meet objectives.
- Statistical methods for understanding the market.
- How to determine if one's beliefs (programs) are useful or not.
- Two different methods of dealing with internal conflict.
- Nine steps to master onesself.
- And much more!
Helping others become the best trader or investor they can be has been Van K. Tharp's mission since 1982. Dr. Tharp offers unique learning strategies, and his trading education techniques for producing great traders are some of the most effective in the field. In the unique arena of professional trading coaches and consultants, Tharp is an internationally recognized expert.