Past Articles by This Author:
Amnon Kabatchnik Wins Benjamin Franklin Awards Silver Medal for BLOOD ON THE STAGEDOG TRAINING: Behind Every Well-Trained Man Is a Happy WomanProfiles in History Auctions Hemingway and Alexander Graham Bell's Personal Effects, 7/10GET YOUR CHILD TO THE TOP by Megan Lisa Jones is ReleasedAuthor J.G. Morgan Releases FURL NOT THY TALONSTHE PORTER PRINCIPLES Offers Foodservice Tips for CollegesDr. Patricia O'Gorman Writes Off 'Girly Thoughts' in THE RESILIENT WOMANThe Beach Book Festival Names '17 Cents and a Dream' Top Non Fiction WINNERCALL ME CRAZY is ReleasedKarmaloop Releases Lookbook for Summer 2013
- Reading and Aboriginal Children
- Weekly Canadian Children's Book Reviews
- Enhanced interactive website connecting Canada's readers with each other
- Baseline survey of reading attitudes
- National Book Count
- Monitoring joy of reading in Canadian schools
- New Canadians project, "Join Us: CanLit for New Canadians"
- "What did you read today?" Public Awareness Campaign
The National Reading Campaign is endorsed by the following organizations:
- Alberta Teachers' Association
- Association of Canadian Deans of Education
- Association of Canadian Publishers
- L'association des écrivains québécois pour la jeunesse (AÉQJ)
- Atlantic Provinces Library Association
- Canadian Children's Book Centre
- Canadian Publishers' Council
- Canadian School Boards Association
- Canadian Society of Children's Authors, Illustrators and Performers
- Canadian Urban Libraries Council
- Council of Ontario Universities
- Children's Writers & Illustrators of British Columbia Society
- First Book Canada
- International Festival of Authors
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Regroupement des éditeurs canadiens-français
- Word on the Street Canada
- Writers' Trust of Canada
- Writers' Union of Canada
The Canada Council for the Arts is Canada's national arts funder. Its grants to artists and organizations contribute to a vibrant arts scene in Canada. Its awards celebrate creativity by recognizing exceptional Canadians in the arts, humanities and sciences. The Canada Council Art Bank is a national collection of over 17,000 Canadian contemporary artworks - all accessible to the public through rental, loan and outreach programs. The Canadian Commission for UNESCO operates under the general authority of the Canada Council.
TD Bank Group invests in communities in order to effect positive change in the places where it operates and where its clients and employees live and work. In 2012, TD donated over $65 million to support community organizations in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. In Canada, TD focuses on education and financial literacy, creating opportunities for young people and the environment. For further information, please visit www.td.com/corporate-responsibility.
More Articles by This Author...