As Nashville's star quarterback, Red Zone's Gage Daniels has it all: the big house, adoring fans, a wonderful family...not to mention throngs of women throwing themselves at him wherever he goes.
But when a crazed stalker enters the picture, Gage's life is quickly turned topsy-turvy as he's paired up with Rebecca Carson, a beguiling, ambitious and fiercely independent FBI agent posing as his girlfriend - which she couldn't begrudge more. After all, as far as Rebecca is concerned, football is a kid's game and Gage is a notorious player...on and off the field. She is, to say the least, unimpressed with her current 'assignment'.
But are things - or rather, Rebecca and Gage - not quite as they first appear?
Sparks fly in Sherri Hayes Red Zone [The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House] with the unlikeliest of romances blossoming between Rebecca and Gage as a high-stakes game of cat-and-mouse unfolds around them. With threats to one of America's favorite football star's life - and his affection for and attraction to his FBI protector - intensifying page by page, Red Zone is an electrifying love story with twists that no one will see coming.
A departure from Hayes' popular, super-sexy and controversial Finding Anna series, in the author's words, "Red Zone is a story about the old saying: opposites attract, and love conquers all. Gage and Rebecca can fill a need for each other - but only if they're willing to open themselves to the possibility of love and accept it."
Equal parts nail-biting mystery and red-hot romance, Red Zone explores:
- When ying meets yang: the pain and pleasure of opposites attracting
- True love in all of its madness and power: do soulmates really exist?
- The inner life of a football hero: for all his machismo and charm, could it be that Gage is really the one trying to find true love?
- Family dynamics, for better or for worse: knowing when to overcome - and when to embrace - the past
- Vulnerability and the modern woman: leaping into the great unknown to experience all the joy that life has to offer
About the Author: