Classic Media, Where's Waldo?
Join the Search! Classic Media today announced plans for the 25th Anniversary of pop-culture phenomenon Where's Waldo??. The global celebration kicks off as the Company unveils "25 Ways to Show Your Stripes" through events, products and partnerships across Fashion, Travel, Media and Sports. Keep your eyes open - you never know where Waldo will pop up next!
Here are "25 Ways to Show Your Stripes":
1. Stand out in any crowd with 'Waldo' specs from trend-setting, online eyewear company Warby Parker (US)
2. See red-and-white-stripes overhead! Celebrate Waldo's birthday as The EDF Energy London Eye lights up the sky on September 20th (UK)
3. Look to the sky as the Empire State Building illuminates the New York City skyline in red-and-white on September 21st (US)
4. Spot Waldo at London's Wembley Stadium during October half-term for a search-and-find trail that will take you on a fun-filled adventure through the iconic stadium (UK)
5. Vroom! Waldo has his first set of wheels! The Where's Waldo?? "On The Beach" scene will be featured on David Ragan's No. 34 Car at the NASCAR Sprint Series™ Race on October 28th; bring the fun home with limited edition die-cast Waldo cars from Lionel NASCAR Collectables (US)
6. It's a bird, it's a plane!! Stay tuned for an announcement from Virgin Atlantic as Waldo takes flight!
7. Found down-under! Waldo will celebrate his birthday at the Royal Melbourne Show in Australia on September 22nd presented by the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria (AU)
8. Ready your searching skills! With more Where's Waldo?? books being published in 2012 than in any prior year, there's reason to celebrate! Pick up the 25th Anniversary Edition of Where's Waldo?? from Walker Books (UK and Australia) and Candlewick Press (US)
9. Get inspired by Waldo's photo-savvy traveling companion, Wenda and pick up a limited edition camera from Lomography, a Magazine, a Shop, and a Community dedicated to analogue photography (UK)
10. Go for the gold! The Birmingham Mint is offering a commemorate 25th Anniversary coin available online and in gift stores (UK)
11. Test yourself when JEOPARDY! features Where's Waldo?? in a category later this Fall (US)
12. It's in the bag! Channel the striped traveler when you tote your very own limited edition satchel from Zatchels, a new fashion brand specializing in quality leather bags (UK)
13. Search on MSN.com to find the elusive Waldo on their homepage on September 21st as part of a special Anniversary tribute (US)
14. Join the crowds on September 21st when Waldo is showcased among the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus in London (UK)
15. Join the search for Waldo (or Charlie as he is known in France!) and his friends on the pages of Le Journal de Mickey and Gulli magazines and meet Waldo at the Kids Expo in Paris from October 27th – 30th (FR)
16. Search on the go with Where's Waldo?? search-and-find Apps, The Fantastic Journey and In Hollywood, available from Ludia for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (Global)